Monday, January 14, 2013

"Adam Lambert has one of the greatest voices ever!"

“I have never met Adam Lambert. But absolutely, I am a big fan of his. I think his voice will go down in history as one of the greatest voices I have ever heard. He did say in the Rolling Stone interview that he thought I was fierce cause he watched the show while he was in Wicked. I would love to meet him. He seems like a very carefree person.

“He did everything on Idol that I didn’t do. I got on the show and I got immediately, very attacked mail-wise. Absolutely, I got tons of mail. People liked my voice, but they didn’t like by tatoo. People would say that they really wanted to vote for me but they didn’t believe in ‘sullying your body the way you do.’ Like how bizarre and really how sad that you think that way. My husband would look at me on the stage and say, ‘Who is that? That’s not my wife.’ We were in this other universe because we couldn’t go out and spend a ton of money. You have a stylist and you have maybe 15 minutes to pick an outfit out. I was on Idol before there was someone who actually stepped out. There hadn’t been a female who was tatoed before, there wasn’t someone who was going after that rock-and-roll place.

“Like Adam Lambert didn’t give a shit. he just went out on stage and he was who he is and I became a fan of his very quickly because he did everything that I probably should have done. I mean, I got very far and I was very happy with my finishing place but musically I definitely would have liked to do… there are many, many songs that I wanted to do but they didn’t clear."

-Carly Smithson

No comments:

Post a Comment